Friday, February 11, 2011

Waiting on Sunday

Last Sunday, Brett and I visited our first church in Nashville since making this our residence. His parents were here and stayed with the girls so we could go by ourselves. We enjoyed the church we attended but are excited to check out what all Nashville/the Lord has to offer. I was talking with my best friend, Amanda, about churches and what we were looking for and she mentioned that I should check out this blog she follows "Bring the Rain" and see where the author goes to church because it sounded similar to what we were looking for. Well, little did I know what I was getting myself into. I realize that many of you already read/follow this blog and I am so far behind in discovering it but let me just say what a BLESSING her writing and unfailing love and devotion for the Lord has been to my life just since Monday. Oh my goodness...I cannot stop reading and want to know more and more about her. Amanda has shared so much about the blog with me and I have enjoyed hearing about it but never took the plunge...boy, am I glad I did. If you have followed Angie's writing, then you know how captivating her words are and how you just want to sit down and have a cup of coffee with her. I found out that she attends Grace Community Church here in Nashville and I cannot wait to visit there. It may not be the church for us and I'm trying not to be "star struck" by her but cannot tell you how excited I am for Sunday to visit. The other crazy part of the story was that my other sweet friend, Leah, recommend we visit there also after having a conversation with her on Sunday...isn't that crazy? Even before I read the blog/talked with Amanda!
Lord, if we don't belong at this church then I completely understand but I know without a doubt we are supposed to be there this Sunday.
If you are not familiar with the blog, then I strongly encourage you to check it out. I began reading on Monday and I'm still in her 2008 posts and cannot wait to read more. Warning: After the first 3 posts, I had already laughed, cried, and felt the Lord breaking down walls of selfishness and pride. Here is the link:

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

Be sure to start at the beginning and don't feel too guilty for neglecting your children for a day or 3:) Don't judge, at least it is something that's feeding my soul and not "Real Housewives..."

Thanks, Amanda for introducing me and thank you, Lord for using vessels here on earth to reach us.

No comments:

Post a Comment