Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Latest

Wow! So much has happened since my last post so I'm going to try and remember it all. Probably would help if I would blog more than once every few months, huh?
We found out Monday, May 3 that we are having another girl, which is old news for most of you. I thought for sure we were going to have a boy this time but looks like I was wrong. Brett said he was going to be that guy with a house full of girls. Bless his heart, I know he wants a boy so bad and I do too. Guess that means we'll be trying for a third...but no time soon!!!! Brett has a somewhat hard time when it comes to committing...it took him awhile to agree to Hannah's name so I sort of promised him he could make the final decision on the name of baby #2. Big mistake, big (Pretty Woman quote). We've known the sex of baby #2 for a month now and still no name. I'm so ready to make a decision and he's in no hurry. I think he is partly dragging his feet to torture me. Hopefully, I will be blogging soon about baby #2's name!
My first Mother's Day was wonderful. We headed to Gadsden for the weekend. Brett and his dad played golf on Saturday while his mom, Hannah, and I went shopping. We went to our favorite childrens's store calle Black Eyes Susie's. Brett's mom is always so excited to buy Hannah an outfit so we found her a birthday jumper and some sandals. After shopping and golf, we grilled out and relaxed. Brett baked me a yellow cake with chocolate icing from him and Hannah for Mother's Day...so sweet. Sunday morning we went to church then headed back to Athens to see my Mom and my Aunt and Uncle. We didn't make it home until 9:30pm that night but was worth it.
We've also put our house up for sale. We need more space with baby #2 coming. We have three bedrooms but with both of our families living out of town we need an extra bedroom for guests. We are not in any hurry to get out so that takes some of the pressure off. We love our house and where we are located but simply need more space. We just didn't think we'd need more space so soon:)
Hannah is so close to walking. In fact, today she's been toddling from room to room instead of just taking a few steps here and there. It is so funny and painful to watch. She loves to brush her teeth. In fact, she cries when I take the toothbrush away from her. She is changing so much.
Although baby #2 doesn't have a name, she does have furniture and bedding ordered at least (pictures below). I'm really excited about her bedding and cannot wait to get her room set up.


ordered this furniture in expresso

On Friday, May 20, Amanda, Whitney, and I loaded into the car with Melissa and headed down to Birmingham for our semi-annual Girls Weekend. We had a blast. We met up with Marianne, Geri and Liz at Cheesecake Factory for dinner then back to Mari's for a night of painting, where Kellie joined us. One of Mari's friends came to her home and set up so we could enjoy our own mini Sips n Strokes'. It was a blast! I was a little nervous because of my previous artistic skills but my painting turned out pretty good (picture below). I used the colors of baby #2's bedding so I could use painting in nursery. We painted, ate cheesecake, skyped with Sonia, and caught up on the latest news with everyone. So much fun!



For Memorial Day weekend, we headed to Centre, AL where Brett's family's lake house is located. We played on the river and enjoyed time with the family including Brett's sister, husband and their three kids. Hannah enjoyed her first SeaDoo ride and first time in the river. She's going to be quite the river rat:) On Tuesday night, Brett and I left Hannah with his sister and took our two nieces, Anna Claire and Lauren to the Braves game. We had a blast!




This week, I've been busy planning her first birthday party. It's hard to believe my baby is about to be one!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you to hear you had a great first mother's day!!! I love the bedding you picked out for baby girl #2! She is one lucky little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so decorating becomes a breeze! And if you need something for a baby boy, take a moment to look at all of the wonderful baby boy bedding sets we offer.


    baby gifts

    ReplyDelete