Sunday, April 25, 2010

April Happenings and Family Beach Trip

Looks like I'm good for about one post a month so here goes...
Easter was a little different for us this year. We are normally at the beach with the Clayton's but this year we were here in town. We were able to celebrate Easter with our church family which was great. It was kinda sad not having any family around after the service to lunch with especially watching everyone else hurry off to their loved ones. Instead, Brett, Hannah, and I enjoyed a yummy meal at my fave restaurant, Olive Garden came home and napped. It was a very relaxing day!

Easter Sunday

Monday, April 12 we set out on our first family vacation. We left about 9:30 a.m. that morning (Hannah's morning naptime) thinking she'd sleep the first leg of the trip:) Wow, were we in for a treat?!? She stayed awake until 1:30 p.m. then only slept for about 25 minutes. I guess she was as excited as we were about the beach. Needless to say the trip down to Fairhope was exhausting. We finally made it to my sis-in-laws about 3:30 that afternoon. We hung out with her and two of the kids and just ordered pizza in. I'm pretty sure I was asleep on the couch by 9:30.
The next morning, Kim and I got the kids ready and headed to downtown Fairhope for some shopping and lunch...I love that town! We lunched at Panini's Pete's (yummo) and strolled around Fairhope while Brett went to the coarse to hit balls. Vince (Kim's husband) was out of town but came back that evening to meet us for dinner at Ed's on the Bay. We enjoyed yummy seafood and live music then headed back to their house for dessert and American Idol.
We woke up then next morning and began packing up for the beach. Brett's parents were meeting us at the beach house that afternoon. We got into Gulf Shores about 3pm and got settled into the house which was beautiful! We each had our own bathroom and plenty of space. Brett's parents offered to keep Hannah in their room for the first few nights so we could catch up on some rest...so sweet! We got her pack-n-play settled in there and she was off to sleep. Well, about midnight she woke up hysterically crying. I wasn't able to calm her back down until about 3am...ugh! I finally put her in the bed with me and threw my leg across her to pin her down...she finally went to sleep until about 6:30 a.m. I haven't had a night like that since she was probably 3 months so I was struggling the next morning. Brett's mom kept her for me so I could go back to bed. Once I got up we all ate breakfast then headed out to the beach to hang out. Hannah wasn't so sure about the sand at first. She wouldn't move off the blanket then she began venturing out and next thing we know she's got a mouth full of sand...gross. She probably ingested 3 or 4 handfuls by the end of the day. The men did some fishing then headed off to play golf while us and the kids stayed at the house. We cooked Frogmore's Stew that night which is my fave! The next few days pretty much looked the same...wake up, breakfast, beach, dinner, bed then do it all over again. The men went out on a 6-hour fishing tour on Friday morning and caught several fish which we cooked for dinner that night...so neat! We had awesome weather...upper 70's, low 80's not a cloud in the sky. Luckily, Hannah slept great the other nights...she just had to get used to her surroundings I guess. I had so much help with her. Our nieces, Anna Claire (9) and Lauren (7) were so helpful with her. I hardly had to feed her all week! I wish I coudn't have brought them back with us:)
Sunday morning we packed up and headed out. We stopped for lunch at the Shrimp Basket, said our goodbyes then set out for the journey home. Hannah slept much better on the way back...thank goodness! Overall, it was a great trip.


Our Beach House (center)

Hannah with her cousins, Clayton, Lauren and Anna Claire

Ready for the beach!



Jamming out to some Jason Mraz oceanside!


Hannah now has two teeth and is standing independently every now and then. I don't think it will be much longer before she is taking steps. I cannot believe it is time for me to start thinking about her first birthday party...wow! Keeping up with her has definitely made this second pregnancy fly by. We find out the sex of baby #2 a week from tomorrow...still thinking blue. Guess we'll see soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment