Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Madness

It seems like this month has flown by. I'm not complaining because that means that warmer weather is just around the corner. It seems like we have kept pretty busy this month. I'm really enjoying teaching classes at the YMCA. Right now, I'm teaching Muscle Works on T/TR at 10:10 a.m. and Kid's Yoga on T/TR at 5pm which makes for a busy Tuesday and Thursday. Hannah loves the Staff at the Y. She gets so excited each time we walk through the doors which makes it so easy to leave her in Child Watch.
She is everywhere these days, getting into everything. She is such a brave little girl. I've caught her standing independently a few times and I'm thinking to myself "slow down, you are supposed to be my little baby." She is such a little social butterfly too and isn't scared of anything. I really hope she continues to be that way.
Last Wednesday, I took her to the mall to have her picture made with the Easter Bunny. I wasn't sure how she would react but was hopeful she would sit still long enough for me to get a good picture. She did fine with Santa but she was much younger and less aware of her surroundings at that point. She did great...made me so proud! She sat there and posed and smiled for several minutes while I took pictures. She wasn't scared at all. After her session with the bunny, she kept looking back at him in awe...it was so cute (pictures below).
I'm really looking forward to the weekend festivities. Our church is having a Passover Meal on Friday night and I'm super excited. I feel so blessed to be a part of Redeemer. The Lord is working in so many ways there and I'm so grateful that he is letting our family be a part of it. Our church is helping out with the Underwood Baptist "Easter Eggstravaganza Hunt" on Saturday morning at McFarland Park. It's going to be a HUGE event...with over 10,000 eggs hidden for the kiddos to find. It's a free event open to the public so feel free to bring your families. For the past two years, we've been at the beach with Brett's family during Easter. We usually have a church service at the beach house and I've really enjoyed that tradition, however, I'm really looking forward to dressing up and celebrating Easter with our church family this year.
Speaking of the beach, we are taking Hannah for the first time in a couple of weeks. I absolutely love our beach trips with Brett's family. We rent a house on the beach (usually Fort Morgan) and typically do not leave the house but maybe once or twice. It is actually a vacation. We buy groceries and cook our meals there, play on the beach all day, and at night after the kiddos go to bed the adults (me, Brett, his parents, sister and her husband) have game night. For those of you who know me, this is right up my alley:) For the past three years, we, the women have dominated in Mad Gab so I'm looking forward to adding on another victory this year.
Last but not least, baby #2 is growing every day or shall I say, I am:) I'll be 14 weeks on Tuesday and have felt so much better the past few weeks. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. My energy level is up and no sign of nausea so hopefully the yuckiness is behind me. I'm really excited to be going through all of this pregnancy stuff with one of my best friends, Whitney. She is exactly 5 weeks behind me. Last pregnancy, I was pretty much on my own so it's nice to have a friend to experience it with this time. We'll find out the sex of the baby at the end of April.  I'm going to be really surprised if it is a girl...I'm pretty much convinced it is a boy. I was convinced that Hannah was a girl so I guess we'll see if I'm 2 for 2.


Love this picture!

Looking back at the Easter Bunny...

1 comment: