Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Big Girls Need Love Too"

Last Wednesday, Brett and I headed to my biweekly doctor's appointment. Dr. Keith had scheduled an ultrasound at our last appointment but being new to all of this I didn't think to ask what for. I really didn't want to question it in fear that it was a mistake and they would cancel it. We hadn't had an ultrasound since my 18th week appointment when we found out the sex so I was excited about getting to see Hannah again. We found out that she is currently frank's breech, bottom first with her feet in front of her face. We got some great new pics of her profile and face though. The technician said she looked great, strong heartbeat and was a "healthy" girl. Dr. Keith had been called out to delivery so we saw the nurse practitioner. She informed us that Hannah is measuring in the 62 percentile of growth...great for a normal sized person. Unfortunately for my size, they are a little concerned with how big she is. I asked if there was anything I was doing to make her so big and the np said it was all about genetics. Well, we all know that doesn't come from my side of the family:) The NP said their was no reason to be alarmed they were just going to keep a close eye on her to make sure she has enough room. She said the good news is that I will definitely get another ultrasound. I am ready for next week's appointment to ask Dr. Keith what his plan is concerning her position.
After we left the doctor's office, Brett kept saying, "big girls need love too", referring to Hannah...hence the title of this post. He also likes to pat my belly and say, "it's the big girl!" It makes me laugh every time.

1 comment:

  1. I love that!! Hilarious!! I love sweet Hannah regardless of her size!!

    ReplyDelete