Sunday, June 21, 2009

One Week and Counting...

It has been several weeks since my last post so here's a brief update.
-I've been home for about two weeks now. My last day at UNA was Friday, June 5th. It has been nice but I must admit I'm beginning to get at little stir crazy. I've been resting, soaking up the sun and finishing up the last minute details before the big day.
-Two weeks ago, Brett and I went in to let Dr. Keith try and turn Hannah as she is still breech. We got to the hospital at 8am and waited and waited and waited. We didn't see Dr. Keith until 11:30am which made for a long day. Especially because I had to lie in bed hooked up to the fetal monitors plus an IV...no fun! It felt like the real deal. The nurses kept coming in and telling me that I was having contractions about every 2-4 minutes but I didn't feel anything...guess I shouldn't complain. After about 5 minutes of trying to turn her with no luck, he decided we would just schedule a c-section. I wasn't really disappointed...I wasn't expecting her to turn but wanted to say we exhausted every effort. We went in last Monday for my weekly appointment and scheduled the c-section for Monday, June 29th!!! I am so excited and cannot believe we get to meet our little girl in one week!!! I really hope this week flies by.
-The nurseryis complete...pics to follow. I'm really excited with how it all came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment