Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Toddling, Two and too Tough!

I haven't completely abandoned this blog but I'll admit it hasn't been on the priority list lately. Whew, where do I begin?! The month of June has flown by and we have kept the roads hot traveling every weekend. We are in contract with our house right now and should close within the first few weeks of July so we've been working there for the past few weekends to get it ready. We are excited to finally have only one set of bills however, it is somewhat bittersweet. We've brought both girls home to 142 Cottonwood and have made many memories there but we are also looking forward to moving on with our lives here in Nashville.

So much is going on with the girls. For starters, Ryleigh is toddling...toddling at 9.5 months! It has been a bit more difficult to keep up with her during the day needless to say. She can take about 10 steps now before falling and is improving every day. She is such a joy and is always so happy. She still only has 2 bottom teeth and recently started babbling, "dada, bubba, papa, baba (bottle)." No love for "mama" yet. She can sign "more" and loves to clap. She also loves table food and will eat
anything!

Hannah will be 2 tomorrow! Crazy! I really cannot believe how big she is getting. She doesn't even look like a baby anymore:( She's just like a sponge and soaks up everything...the good and the bad:) Her new favorite phrase to say is "Oh My Goodness!" She says this all the time no matter if there is something to be excited about or not...so cute! She still loves Barney but has begun to show more interest in The Wonder Pets, Olivia, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She LOVES Beauty and the Beast and I bet she asks me 10 times a day to watch it. She's every memorized some of the lines! Brett plays softball a couple of times each week and we've been going to some of his earlier games. She loves watching her Daddy play softball and yells, "Let's Go, Daddy" each time he's up to bat. She is FEARLESS. We went to Jack's birthday party on Saturday at Jump Zone in Madison and she was right up there with the bigger kids going down the biggest slide they had unassisted. I love that she's so adventurous and hope she continues to be. We went to her first cousin, Laramy's birthday party on Sunday also. I walked out of the playroom for literally 10 seconds and I hear her crying. When I see her, she has blood all in her mouth and I start freaking out. She apparently fell and her tooth went completely through her lip and out the front! She cried maybe 1 minute...so tough! She has used the potty several times but I'm not pushing it. I'm gonna save that task for when we are home more next month.

We had her birthday party a few weeks early at The Little Gym in Hunstville. It was the perfect place for Hannah's age and boy did she have a ball! She was eating up all the attention and couldn't stop talking about her Barney cake. We had a great turnout of family and friends. I am a big fan of having the party at a facility where they do all of the work for you...I actually was able to enjoy the party!

I started teaching Zumba at a friend's dance studio a couple of weeks ago...love it! I teach Wednesday and Thursday nights while Brett stays home with the girls. I also found out yesterday that I'll be teaching a Body Sculpt class at Dell beginning July 11th! This summer is shaping up to be a busy one for sure!

We are traveling again this weekend to the river to celebrate the 4th with our families. I'm really looking forward to playing on the river and relaxing a bit.



Ryleigh, 9 months


At Dado's River


Hannah's Barney Cake


Collier and Ryleigh at The Little Gym


A little excited about her cake!


Elly and Hannah at Jack's Birthday Party

No comments:

Post a Comment