Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To Swaddle or Not to Swaddle...

First off, I love swaddling. I've swaddled both girls from birth with great success. I believe I stopped swaddling Hannah around 4 months because she was rolling around and breaking out. I am back and forth with Ryleigh. She sleeps so much better and goes to sleep so much faster if swaddled but breaks out within in minutes. Sometimes it makes her mad if both arms get out so I know she still enjoys it however, when I went to get her up this morning she was completely out...legs, arm and all. Guess that's a sign she's ready to stop just not sure I'm up for the short naps/restless nights until she gets used to it. She's been asleep for about 30 minutes now without it so we'll see how it goes.

FYI: The absolute BEST swaddle blanket is The Miracle Blanket. It wraps around them several times without the velcro. You can find it in baby
boutiques...great shower gift! http://www.miracleblanket.com/index.htm

1 comment:

  1. Yay keep these types of posts coming!!! Love getting the inside info on stuff!

    ReplyDelete