Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oops! We did it again.

That's the best title I could think of for this post. Wednesday, January 13th started out as a typical day. I woke up, got Hannah and myself ready and we headed to the YMCA for the 10:00 am Muscle Works class. We met Brett for lunch at Logan's then headed home. For some reason, I decided to stop at the Dollar General on Wilson Dam Road and pick up a pregnancy test. I knew it had been a while since my LP so I thought might as well. For those of you who don't know, I take pregnancy tests like I take showers so this wasn't unusual. Well, on this particular Wednesday the test looked a little different. There was a very, very faint line showing up on the DG brand pregnancy test. Well, I called Whitney (pregnancy test expert, in my opinion) because I didn't know if there was a line behind the test strip that could be showing through...I know, I know, but at this point I was grasping for any reason why there would be a second line showing up. She reassured me that the only reason a second line would be showing up was if the hormone had been detected. This scenario was all too familiar. On October 24, 2008 the EXACT same thing happened...a faint line plus a call/visit to Whitney's except this time she was in Birmingham:( She convinced me to go buy a digital test, once again exact same scenario as in October. I loaded Hannah back up and we headed to CVS to shop for digital tests. The whole time I was thinking that this was just a fluke that there is no way I could be pregnant. Well, you all know the end of the story by now. Sure enough, that digital test read "PREGNANT." I really didn't know how to feel. So many thoughts/emotions flooded my mind. After talking to Whitney, I collected my thoughts and called Brett. He was working late and wouldn't be home until after I had gone to bed so I just called him with the news. He was so reassuring, positive, and excited...something I desperately needed to hear!
We went to see Dr. Keith on January 23rd because I thought I was close to 7 weeks along. The LP I remember having was at the end of November however, I have been extremely irregular since having Hannah. Turns out, I was only a little over 4 weeks along. I felt bad for wasting their time since there wasn't much they could tell me at that point. We go back on Thursday for a followup appointment to make sure everything is progressing the way it should. At first, I was a bit concerned since I wasn't a far along as I estimated however, I have felt so pregnant since then. The nausea with this pregnancy has already been so much worse than with Hannah which makes taking care of her so much harder. I pretty much have to hold my breath every time I feed her mushy baby food...the smell/look makes me so sick.
I'll admit I'm still in shock and probably haven't fully processed what's about to happen...another baby, wow! Each time I start to freak out a little, I reassure myself that God doesn't make mistakes and this day was scheduled...His plan is perfect! We have to trust His provision for our life. He trusts Brett and I enough to bring another life into this world and for that, I am so thankful!

She's going to be the best big sister!

4 comments:

  1. Hehe... Love the title! :) You and your pregnancy tests, maybe by the time your preggers with the third baby, they'll have one that has flashing lights and a siren that goes off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok then! i am loving that you are updating!!! Great post by the way. I love whitnay-nay's comment too. you girls are too funny!
    love yall! heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title!! Too funny!! I keep those preggo tests stocked too. Hope the morning sickness subsides soon. :O)

    ReplyDelete