Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's a Girl!













The countdown is over, well, at least my most recent countdown. Thursday, Brett and I headed to Dr. Keith's office for our 2pm appointment. We got there and had to wait until 2:45 for our ultrasound. The nurse took all of the doctor's pictures she needed as Brett and I watched in amazement. We keep saying, "That's so weird" every time we saw a different angle of our precious gift. After about 10 minutes of pictures, she asked if we wanted to know the sex...I was about to burst at this point. I was thinking just tell us already. When she said we were having a girl, I couldn't help but tear up. I had a feeling it was a girl all along. Almost every dream I'd had was about a little girl and we had many girl names that we liked...it only made sense, right? So many thoughts rushed through my head...cute outfits, first boyfriend, menstrual cycles, drama, wedding planning, etc. The one thing that affected me the most...daddy's little girl. Just thinking about Brett loving, teaching, and protecting this little girl made my emotions soar. Knowing that this little girl will have this amazing man to call her father and look up to...wow! Then I looked over at Brett and he had tears in his eyes...it was one of the most precious moments we've shared. I feel so blessed that God has given us this opportunity and CANNOT wait to meet her!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, how you going to make me tear up? :) That's precious and I can't wait to meet her either. I can't wait for us to take her and Noah to the park together! However, I'm gonna need you to get a cuter blog background... go to cutestblogontheblock.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys!! You are going to have so much fun with her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Girls are SOO much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you guys. LIttle girls sure do hold a special place in Daddy's heart. He will never be the same~

    ReplyDelete